Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Testing, Testing, Oh why bother with testing

I start working on a trip well before the attendees know who is going on the trip. In that time I do a lot of pre-work which is always sent to my contact to review, revise, approve, test, etc. Here's what I don't understand....Why don't people communicate amongst themselves?? I mean if person A had a problem that I solved for them and person B (person A's boss) has the same problem why doesn't person A say "oh yeah that happened to me, this is what you do" OR "Call Jenn, she helped me with the samething". Another thing, why did I send out everything for people to look at and test and they didn't before telling their attendees? Then they don't even bother coming to me for help once they experience these problems, yet they complain to other people?? I don't get it. I can't fix something I don't know is a problem.

Maybe the bigger question is...why do I care so much (about clients, attendees, solving problems, etc.)? I mean this is just a job and they obviously don't care or they would have tested and looked at everything.

1 comment:

Casting Producer said...

I'm in a completely different industry from you, but I understand what you're saying. I'm always surrounded by experts after the fact. Once a project is completed there are always those who say, "Well I could have told you that" about an issue that arose. My question is this: Why the heck didn't they tell me? If they have the gift of foresight, why don't they share it with those of us limited to our earthly senses?!